The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, has revealed why the leadership of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, cannot see former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai.

DAILY POST recalls that ADC, on Friday, accused ICPC of blocking access to the former Kaduna State governor, El-Rufai, after senior leaders of the party were denied access to him at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja.

The ADC stated that the restrictions surrounding El-Rufai’s detention were raising fresh concerns about political persecution.

It stressed that there were claims by members of El-Rufai’s family that he had been denied access to doctors, food and visitors despite voluntarily presenting himself to the authorities. 

According to the ICPC spokesperson, Okor Odey, ADC’s claims were false and misleading, as the access denial was in accordance with an existing court order.

Odey said the agency declined the party’s request and communicated the rejection in an official letter dated May 21, 2026, which was acknowledged the following day.

“We wrote them an official letter declining their request to visit. The reasons are in the letter. The category of persons we are to give access to is clear in the court order,” Odey said.

Don’t Miss

Shettima jets out to Benin Republic for Wadagni’s inauguration

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *